- This year, my birthday happened to fall on the day in which the sun was directly over Townsville. It was cloudy all day.
- When I lived in the
United States, the furthest west I’d been (not counting places where I never left the airport), is Buffalo, NYand (whichever is further west). The furthest west I’ve been here in Niagara Falls is probably Ravenswood, a little (formerly big) gold mining town in Townsville’s outback Australia .
- When I wash dishes, I don’t rinse the suds off (except for drinking cups and glasses). I expect this to shock and awe Americans—I was both shocked and awed that Andy didn’t rinse when I moved over here. But our detergent is all kinds of natural and organic, and the suds slide off anyways. Plus, it’s a good way to conserve water
- I spent the first two years of my life living in
. For the next 19 I lived in the same small town in upstate NY. Now I’ve called Townsville home for two years and six months. Maryland
- I love doing crossword puzzles. I love words in general. Yet, somehow, I’ve never played real Scrabble. I’ve played Scrabulous on facebook a few times, but I’m no good at it.
- Towards the end of high school, I decided I wanted to go to university to major in Psychology and ultimately become a school counsellor. In my first semester of uni, I took Intro to Psych and two sociology classes—Embodying Gender and Deviance and Social Control. Psych bored the bejeesus out of me, but I felt at home in sociology. I decided then that I wanted to do postgrad and become an academic. Six years later, I’m 15 months away from finishing my doctorate in sociology/anthropology. Maybe (maybe??) there is a job in academia for me when I get out...
- We have to shut the windows every other night because the block of units we live in is irrigated, and the sprinklers spray right into the kitchen and living room.
I know a lot of people have already done this meme, or have done memes like it. I also know that some people don’t particularly like memes. But I’m going to go ahead and tag some bloggers I don’t know much about. Feel free to ignore my tag, but if you do participate, let me know – ŀĀŘ¡ŝ∫Á from LaTin Veg Bites, wanting kneading, and David J from Through Balanda Eyes. If anyone else would like to partake, please let me know so I can read your facts!