1. I don’t have a television, but in the evenings I put the ABC tv channel on the radio, so I can listen to the news. Last night I switched over early and caught The Cook and the Chef. It’s usually fairly vegan-unfriendly, but last night Simon (the chef) made an entirely vegan laksa. When I heard him say the V word, I couldn’t help but make the ‘touchdown’ sign with my arms.
2. I like making lists. It makes me feel organised, and I feel like I’m accomplishing things when I cross items off.
3. Andy and I share a mobile phone. Neither of us uses it enough to justify having our own, though sometimes its inconvenient, like when we travel or we need to ring each other.
4. My favourite movie of all time is The Royal Tenenbaums. I love the other films by that filmmaker, Wes Anderson, as well—especially The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.
5. I went to a funeral yesterday. I didn’t know the person who died, but I was still teary for the whole service. Most of the service wasn’t even conducted in English, because it was a traditional Torres Strait Islander funeral.
6. I’m left-handed. I also sleep on the left-hand side of the bed. My mum and sister are both lefties, too.
7. Last week I had my first refereed paper accepted for publication in a conference proceedings.
8. I have a minor allergy to cat scratches. Nacho is usually pretty gentle with her paws (she’s more of a biter), but every now and then she’ll accidentally get me. Instead of just bleeding, the scratch gets super puffy and itchy.
If you feel like joining in on this meme, consider yourself tagged. Just make sure you leave me a comment so I know to read your random facts.