Monday, June 13, 2011

Snowed Under

I've been a bit busy with work in the last few weeks, and this will continue for a few more.  Between my part time job and some extra casual work I agreed to do, I'm up to my ears in marking, guest lectures, paper writing, and literature reviewing, and I have deadlines coming at me from all directions at the moment.  So my presence in blog-land will be minimal for a bit.



But I'll be back!  And when I have a bit more time to breathe, and a weekend that doesn't require hours of working, I will tell you about things like our recent trip to Eden, some homemade cleaning products I've been digging since earlier this year, a very mini kitchen makeover, some crochet adventures, and an upcoming, very exciting and very large trip Andy and I have now officially booked.

Until then, I'm leaving you with these 'Elvis Blondies', a peanut butter, banana and chocolate combination, from Vegan Bake Sale.  These were yummy - but when cold, tasted a bit stale, so if you have the cookbook and make the recipe, I recommend bringing it up to room temperature at least, or warmer, for the most deliciousness.

9 comments:

http://frugaliciouschick.blogspot.com said...

too busy at work but there's nothing more rewarding than some sweets to calm and satisfy the soul with pleasure...yummy looking and I bet great tasting cake.

Hannah said...

Just keep your head up and remember how awesome and amazing you are when all the deadlines are looming! I'm finding myself careening between panic and blankness with all my work deadlines at the moment, so I can firmly agree with the necessity of chocolate and peanut butter for survival. Hurrah! :)

Claire said...

oh wow!
They look so good!

Raw ME. Going Raw in Maine said...

JUST "found" you!! So glad to 'meet' an Aussie Vegan! (I live in US)

Emma said...

Yay I'm looking forward to hearing about these homemade cleaning products :D I also have a backlog of things I want to post in the same sort of thread. Good luck with your deadlines!

Vaala ◪ said...

Ooo very large and exciting trip? I can't wait to hear about it! Also really interested in the homemade cleaning products because we are moving into our own flat soon and then I have to do more cleaning (and the buying/making of cleaning products).

vko said...

blondies look delicious & can't wait to hear about your upcoming exciting trip!!! hope you get some breathing room soon & definitely make some purr time with Nacho- that should help :)

Zoe said...

They look amazing :)

Zoe x
Life of a Vegetarian Girl

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

These vegan bake sale items look delicious :-)