The official VeganMoFo is in October, or possibly November. But Amy, aka IronChefVegan has suggested an Aussie version, to take place in the month of September. Her rationale is that she isn't quite as busy in September as she is later in the year, and the weather is still a little bit cooler, so we are able to cook more exciting things. I've decided to join Amy in her quest for more regular posting for a few reasons.
1) I've always been a bit intimidated by VeganMoFo; the whole daily posting business kind of scares me a little. So, in the true Aussie spirit of "no worries", I'll be aiming to post at least four times a week, rather than every single day.
2) Andy has just gone to PNG for virtually the whole month of September. Sometimes when he leaves I get lazy and eat toast or cereal for most of my meals. I don't want to do that, and I'm hoping that OzVeganMoFo will inspire me to get a bit more ambitious and creative in the kitchen.
3) I have a few new-ish cookbooks that I haven't used nearly enough.
4) I've been in a bit of a blogging slump lately, if you haven't noticed. It isn't because I've been working so hard, because I really only started doing that again about 2 weeks ago. Before that I was majorly slacking for a few months.
5) I have a free(!) personal trainer at my disposal for the next 6 weeks, and he is super keen. More movement = more hunger, so I will be eating more food. Might as well take photos of it, no?
So, starting tomorrow, tune in for my addition to OzVeganMoFo. And, if you feel like it, join in. Even if you're not in Australia. No worries, right?