Monday, November 26, 2007

BPV Food

I have a lot of food pictures to post, because when my parents were in Townsville I didn't get much chance to check my email, let alone blog about meals. Instead of overwhelming you with 10 skillion photos in one post, I'm only posting pictures from Before my Parents' Visit--BPV meals. Stay tuned for DPV and APV posts, in the next few days.

First up, an entree. Some bruschetta, in fact. Andy's specialty, a mixture of tomatoes, basil, olives, capers, and garlic, mixed up with a bit of balsamic and spooned onto toasted bread rolls.
For breakfast, some tofu scramble. Mostly the recipe from VwaV, but with a few changes. But, this was a while ago, so I don't remember what they were! Served with avocado and toast, and tomato sauce to serve. This, along with a great cuppa tea, made for a tasty start to the day.

Jerk flavoured seitan cutlets. Take an ordinary boiled seitan recipe, but before you boil it, form into patties. Cook them in a frying pan for a few minutes on each side, so they are well browned. Then boil for 30 minutes, and let cool in the liquid for another 30. These had some jerk seasoning in the seitan, and then they were marinated in more. Served with grilled capsicum, coconut rice, and salad.
The leftovers make great burgers, too. The next day for lunch, on a sandwich with salad and tomato sauce.
Udon noodles with peanut sauce, sweet soy tofu, and veggies. Another dinner based on a VwaV recipe, though changed around a bit. Are you noticing a trend? Andy and I have a hard time sticking to recipes. Call it non-conformist, or something like that.
There were other pictures, but I honestly can't remember what they were! But there are some yummy ones coming up, including a birthday breakfast Andy made for me, and a frozen confection. Plus, when my parents get their photos up online, I can post some pictures of their visit. So there is a lot in the works for the Tropical Vegan, stay tuned!

3 comments:

JENNA said...

So much food! It all looks great and i can't wait to see your DPV and APV post!!!

bazu said...

Ooooops! Why did I just assume that visiting parents met you visiting them? Sorry!

Oh, and BPV food looks awesome. I can't decide which I'd rather have right now- the bruschetta or the udon. Mmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious - but your cute giraffe coffee mug is what really caught my eye!