Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy


Supa-chunky gravy, filled with borlotti and cannellini beans, carrot, capsicum, and spinach, as well as tons of parsely and oregano. Yep, and that's garlic bread in the background.

The mashing of the potatoes was a team effort--Andy used the slotted spoon, and I used a fork. The result was pretty lumpy, but they were made with love. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a potato masher next time I'm at the Op-shop, though. Mashing potatoes with a fork really tires your arm out!

7 comments:

Douglas said...

very cool to find your blog and ill have to check back again and again.

i am thinking about traveling to Australia to work in a vegan restaurant somewhere, any sggestions?

Amy said...

Mmmmm that gravy looks awesome. Seriously, get thee to Woolies! You can pick up a plastic potato masher there for like $3 at the most!! I have about 5 potato mashers, too bad you don't live a bit closer!

bazu said...

yum. winter comfort on a plate.
oh, don't forget that nigella swears by a potato ricer for mashing potatoes! I prefer mine a bit chunkier than that, though...

KleoPatra said...

Oh that looks SUPER terrific. i'm very into the "comfort" foods right now... and so is Mattie.(She's had to eat a "bland" diet the last two weeks... and we've both been eating pasta and potatoes, her w/no spices or "extras.")

Thank you for your kind words on my blog about Mattie. i really appreciate your concern and your thoughts for her well-being helped me get by this past week. *HUGS* to you big time.

Monika K said...

This looks like one tasty dinner, although it was hard to keep focused on the beans and potatoes after I noticed the chocolate cookies posted below...(-:

krystyna said...

Hi Teresa!
They were made with Love - Love was the base ingredient? Must be delicious!
Thanks for sharing!
Good luck!

vko said...

Loved mashed potatoes- I know what you mean about mashing with a fork- I do it with a spoon and it's not any easier...