Roasted pumpkin again, this time in soup form. The soup was made super creamy and rich with the addition of coconut cream, and chunky thanks to some capsicum and carrots. A little garlic flair was added at the end by stirring in some chopped garlic chives.
Some cool tropical fruit, a star apple. The inside was creamy and sweet, with a mild flavour. Although this was quite good, at $1.50 for one, I don't think I'll be eating these very often!
Basic baked broccoli from The Alternative Vegan, tater tots, and eggplant 'steaks', coated in paprika/herb/salt/pepper rub.
A peanut butter and jam roll-up. Perfect hand-held vegan snack food!
Now, to commemorate the big 100th post event, some things I love about blogging:
- Feeling like part of a little online, vegan community. I don't know many vegans in real life, so I love being surrounded by other ethical consumers, even if it is only on the internet.
- Getting to know some cool people. More so than just a general community feel, I've made some friends and connections with some really amazing individuals.
- Avoiding food 'ruts' so that I have interesting new photos to post. That's right, keeping a vegan blog inspires me to experiment with new recipes, flavours, and ingredients.
- Receiving inspiration from other bloggers about new foods, flavours, etc. to try out.
- Sharing ideas and hearing feedback about issues big and small.