Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sharing...

I've recently been contacted by a few people asking me to share some links and information on my blog.  I'm happy to use this space to promote vegetarian businesses and activists, so here you go...

1) There is a vegan retreat centre in Hepburn Springs, Victoria.  I definitely want to go check it out at some point -- has anyone ever been?  What is it like?  They are running a vegan cooking & yoga retreat in October, and as they said in an email, "We have a brilliant vegan chef here, Alexis, who has been cooking vegan food for 15 years, and can really demonstrate to people who come here that vegan food does not have to be boring".  If you want to check it out, go to their website.
 


2) Some vegan activists have put together a song and (very cute) music video, 'Why must we eat the animals? Oh why? Oh why?'.  


It gets stuck in your head, so be warned!  But also share widely.  You can refer people to OhWhyOhWhy.org.

That is all I have time for, at least at the moment.  I have healed, almost entirely, from my surgery, and I am back at uni and as busy as ever.   But I will have some interesting stuff for you all soon.  In the meantime, I dare you not to giggle at that music video.

5 comments:

x said...

I think it's great to promote veg*n businesses and causes.

And I'm glad to hear you're doing well :)

K said...

A few people have blogged about continental house (now called vegan retreat centre) including us, this was the most recent one: http://inthemoodfornoodles.blogspot.com/2010/06/castlemaine-and-daylesford-part-1.html

Carissa said...

Oh how cute! I just watched it. and THANKS ALOT now all day I will be all..."Why must we eat the animals, oh why oh why..." hehe I guess you warned me :)

shawna said...

we've gone to the conti (retreat centre) a few times. they do a vegan banquet on saturday nights so we've done that every time we've stayed-- always really good food. the whole atmosphere of the place is just really relaxing. and the town/surrounding area is great too.

Susan said...

That vegan retreat sounds so lovely... maybe next year!