Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quick Update - Hong Kong

Okay, so not so good at the posting while travelling thing.  I have excuses, but I won't bother because I'm in a public library in Aberdeen, Scotland, with only 21 minutes of internet time left. 

Instead, I will show you a few quick photos of Hong Kong, with the promise of much more to come, next time I have a chance.

The big Buddha, Lantau Island.

Dragon fruit at a market in Mongkok.

Hong Kong Island at night across the harbour.


Hong Kong Island at sunset.

Fresh bean curd in a market in Hung Hom.

Fried tofu from a street stall near our hotel.



7 comments:

Hannah said...

*claps with glee* Yay travel! Yay you having a wonderful time! Yay tofu!

...Except I must break my tofu habit. At least six days a week for the past month is possible too much tofu.

Bianca said...

Ooooh, that tofu booth looks awesome!!! And the fried tofu!!! Yum! Also, beautiful views!

Have you tried dragon fruit? They sell it here in Memphis at an Asian market, and I've been wanting to try it because its so pretty. But I'm not sure how to eat it.

Carissa said...

Oh Hong Kong looks wonderful and so much vegan things to choose from!

Kari said...

I love that you're providing photos of Hong Kong from Scotland - in my mind they are so completely opposite that the odd combination made me smile :) I'm glad you're enjoying yourself though, and that the food is doing what food should!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Wow, I'm jealous of your travels. The fresh bean curd stand looks like heaven as does the fried tofu.

Katie ◪ said...

Awesome :)

DJ said...

Wow - Hong Kong looks like an amazing and vibrant place - and that pic of piles of fresh beancurd had me slavering over my keyboard - so jealous!!! Hope you're not too cold 'Oop North!