Thursday, October 06, 2011

Mac and chreese




We've made it to NYC, after passing through Hong Kong, Switzerland, Scotland, and Ireland. And I promise there is more to come about all of those stops. But for now, look what I found on my (first ever) visit to Whole Foods on E Houston St - vegan Mac and cheese, in a box. We got some to cook in our apartment - shells as well as wholemeal elbows. We also cooked some baby portobellas and mixed them through. The result was easy, but a bit underwhelming. Not as delicious as the stuff we make at home, but hey! Vegan Mac and cheese! In a box!

6 comments:

Gina said...

I have recently had my first (living in Asia and Africa these past years) Whole Foods shopping experience, as well: overwhelming, is all I can say. Yay for vegan mac-n-cheeze, however you can get it!

Really enjoying your travel photos and looking forward to the narrative, when you have time. But thanks for the photos, anyway.

Susan said...

I that the Roads End Organics one? I brought some of that home but really didn't think much of it. If you find the Leahey Garden's variety (in a white bag) try that, it is pretty delicious and way better than Roads End!

Can't wait to hear more of your journeys.

Kari said...

Oh America...and particularly NYC :) I actually don't like macaroni and cheese at all, but I'm still envious you're somewhere where there's a vegan version in a box!

Louise said...

I LOVE the mac & chreese!! (But only the non-gluten-free shells and chedder and sometimes the alfredo). I usually serve it with tomatoes and put in lots of salt and pepper and sometimes hot sauce. Every time I go to the US I make sure to bring back some boxes or packs of the mix. Yuuummmm.

Hannah said...

Is the the Annie's one? I've had a box of that since I returned in April 10! I hope it hasn't expired... and I hope you're having the most amazing amazing amazing time!

Carissa said...

I agree. Not as good as homemade. The only boxed mac and cheese I like now is Amy's dairy free frozen one. TRY IT!