Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dilemma

I was torn about publishing a new blog post. I posted yesterday and there has been some interesting discussion going on, and I would like to hear more opinions on the subject. But, I gotta get on with my life. So I'll just request that people read the post below this one and leave lots of comments! But for now, on with this one...


Inika cosmetics are an Australian owned, vegan, mineral make up. You can order online, or through a few stores in Australia, the UK and the US. Be warned: they are expensive! More than I would have ever considered paying for make up. I had to convince myself that it's worth it to support a vegan company, that it is a good product, that I spend money on nothing else so this is my luxury item... I still feel bad about the price, but DAMN I love the product.

I use Mineral Foundation #17, Passion. I also purchased the mineral setting powder, which can go under the foundation on oily complexions, or over for a more 'matte finish'. I also bought their vegan make up brush, which is the softest and most luxurious feeling brush I've found--and it contains no animal hair!

The foundation leaves my face feeling smooth, and it stays put all day. Even after a sweaty bike ride home, my face is still looking good. A little goes a long way, too, so it makes me feel a bit better about paying so much. Plus, the company purchases carbon offsets to neutralise their shipping emissions.

If you're looking for a bit of luxury, or you don't mind spending a bit on quality make up, check out Inika cosmetics.

(And check out the post just below and tell me what you think!)

5 comments:

bazu said...

Oh, good stuff! They don't have that here in the U.S. (or at least here in the boonies)- but I wish they did!

Anonymous said...

I want to get some mineral makeup but at the moment I really can't afford spending anything on makeup, and especially not the expensive kind. I will once I get rich though!

Kati said...

Very cool - I've tried mineral makeup in the past, but found that it tends to rub off on things (i.e. clothing). Does this particular brand have that tendency? It sounds like an amazing company regardless.

Theresa said...

@bazu, the one US store which stocks Inika is in Tennessee, of all places!

@kati, I haven't had any problems with it rubbing off yet...

Ashasarala said...

Natural, organic makeup is always expensive. Try buying the not-so-nice versions from a Whole Foods. It would cost a hundred bucks to buy foundation, concealer, eyeshadow and eye liner.

Being that I don't wear makeup too often, I'll spend the money. It's more important to know that I'm not putting harsh chemicals on your face. Besides, we should all treat ourselves every now and again! :)