Monday, June 25, 2012

Random Things


The wonderful Mel recently bestowed upon me the Food Stories blog award, which demands that the recipient share a random fact about themselves, before passing the award on to 5 other bloggers. I occasionally "win" awards like these, and I think I most often go "Oh, how lovely, I must get to that." And then I promptly forget about it. So I will certainly feel no ill feelings towards the five of you who I nominate if you forget, or just don't feel like participating in this. But, in the spirit of random facts, I have a few random images to share, with a random fact each.
The place I grew up is about a 2 minutes walk from this small town War Memorial. My dad actually organised the transport of this tank to its final location. Andy and I visited when we were in the US in October. It was not that exciting, really, but hey, a tank!
We got solar panels a few weeks ago, but there is no space to plug the inverter into our meter box so they are just sitting up there doing nothing. We have to wait another month before we will get any sun-powered electricity!

Tika loves going for walks, especially to the beach, but she is too naughty to go off lead. Instead, we bring a really long rope so she can run around and go into the water without making us swim with her.
Nacho makes a point of sitting on every single piece of furniture, box, bag, or other new thing we bring into the house. Like this dining table we bought from a garage sale and are sanding down and refinishing.

Now, to spread the story telling love... I will pass this on to:
All five bloggers tell interesting stories that I love to read, so if you haven't checked them out recently, or ever, you should pop along to their blogs and read some of the tales they tell.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You definitely deserve it! :)

Dee said...

thanks! I may have to rummage around the archive for some pics.

Kari said...

I love these facts :) And that idea of the long dog rope made me smile - I know of a few dogs who would benefit from a system like that actually!

Mel said...

Love all of your facts! Tika and Andy look like they are having a great time exercising each other. I'll keep my fingers crossed for lots of sunshine so you can reap the benefits of your solar panels.

Kate said...

Thanks! Will be on to it as soon as my silly computer is functioning again! Love your facts by the way :)